Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Canada Day

Sorry this is a little belated, but I just wanted to send out a big thank you for everyone's well wishes and congratulations. Baby is doing wonderful; he's my first child who hasn't needed photo therapy for jaundice, which was a huge relief.

Yesterday was Canada Day, and our tradition since moving into our neighbourhood is to head across the street to the park where our city puts up a little celebration. I fed Caleb, put him in the stroller...



...and like an angel he fell asleep for three hours while his brother and sister had lots of fun.



Hubby took Josh and Grace back later for fireworks while I stayed home. I really didn't miss anything, because this was the view from our backyard door:



Pretty cool!

2 comments:

Kathy... said...

LOL...I should have checked your blog before I wrote to you. There's my answer about the jaundice. Happy to hear that he was fine.

what a wonderful brother to sleep and allow the big kids to play. He is such a sweetie!

Lovely view from your backyard! Fireworks are so beautiful.

We had baseball size hail in some parts of Iowa a couple of days ago. I thought of your blog post when it happened. Such unusual weather all over this year. Sort of scary atually!

Kelley said...

Oh my! I really HAVE been absent from blog land for a long time. I didn't even know you were pregnant!

Belated congratulations! He's beautiful! :-)

Now, off to catch up on all the old posts that I've missed . . .